Tuesday, January 30, 2007

RIP Mr. Current: January 10, 2007 - February 2, 2007

Oh friends, it appears I spoke too soon. Mr. Current is likely to be dead after Friday.

Mr. Current and I went out for a brilliant fancy Italian dinner, followed by lovely drinks. Four days later, Mr. Current took me out for tapas and then to Cirque du Soleil's "Corteo", having scored the best seats in the house. Mr. Current was fab.

I haven't heard from Mr. Current in a week and a half. Granted, I've been out of the country for five days (which he knew), but I'm giving Mr. Current two more days before I retire him to the Moratorium of Guys Past, a large but ever-growing purgatory.

I'm not sure what I'm more disturbed by: the fact that we met our brief ending after two really great dates without reason, or the fact that I am ambivalent about the situation. Hmph. He's a great guy, but if this is the way things are gonna go, I might have to look at this as a blessing. If anything, this is one less person's phone calls and texts to return, and one less person I run the risk of yelling out the wrong person's name in the sack.

The up-side to all of this is that I am still interested in at least two or three other people. One of them is probably you.

3 Comments:

At Saturday, February 03, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alright, after a few Red Bulls and vodka, I'll help you anaylze your perdiciment. A)You need to chill. As you stated, you were out of the country for a few days, which leaves "Mr. Current" (also the name of my Junior High gym teacher) a small window to contact you. Give the guy a break; if I don't call a woman, even if I am interested, for a few days, it doesn't mean I'm not interested, juts busy. B)Assumably you have a telephone or some telephonic device, which hypothetically allows you to place out-going calls. Use it. As you have eluded to in a number of previous posts, a relationship is a two way street, so give the guy a call.

I'm sure there is other advise I have, but my Red Bull and vodka is calling. If they had this stuff at Mac and Joe's or Circle Bar (yeah, I went there), I don't think I would have graduated.


Another Miami Alum

 
At Monday, February 05, 2007, Blogger KA said...

Oh Mr. Red Bull and Vodka (a good drink, although eerily similar-tasting to Pez, if you ask me), I suspected you may object to this post.

And that's a good thing. If you don't agree with me, tell me. I'm happy to entertain other people's thoughts.

It has now been over two weeks with no word, and to be honest with you, I'm not all that bothered by it. I have some more thoughts on it that will be discussed under separate cover.

I do, however, want to clarify that I'm not an attention whore. I don't need someone to call me 10 times a day, and I never have been that kind of person. But two weeks to me does say "This one's dead".

 
At Monday, February 05, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

All I was attempting to say was that a relationship, or what might turn into a relationship, is a two-way street. Presumably, you have the guy's phone number, so why not call him and see what the deal is? This isn't the 1940s; it is acceptable and desirable for a woman to call a man.

With that said, two weeks is a long time, even if you were out of the country for a portion of it. Unless he discovered the cure for some computer virus, he probably should have found time to give you a call. So, have a Red Bull and vodka or two (I suggest about twelve) and move on.

Another Miami Alum

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares