What I'm Getting For My Birthday
My birthday is this Saturday. I will be 24 years old, which is sort of scary, considering that according to my co-worker, this marks the entry into my mid-twenties. When I was 17, I thought that I was going to be married and possibly with first child by 24. I think about that now, and I collapse into a fit of hysterics. At least I'm not with child. Lord knows the little bastard would be fixing Mommy martinis every night. Poor thing.I do feel, however, that each year is anticlimactic. I had my best ever birthday 2 years ago, when I turned 22 (for those of you who didn't major in math), so I kind of feel like very little can top 2002, but I'm always optimistic.
Anyway, so here is what I know/predict will happen on my birthday:
- Warmup: Office Christmas party on Friday - purely coincidental. But if it's anything like the summer party, where my office competed in a flip cup tournament and then stumbled to the karaoke bar, where we lit paper on fire at the bar and waved it around, sang Neil Diamond, accused other patrons of being Commies for not clapping their hands to "America", and almost got thrown out, it should be fun.
- 6:45 am, Saturday - will receive phone call from weepy parents at exact time of birth, lamenting on how quickly I've grown up and how they remember how I just shot right out of a uterus in a snowstorm only 24 years ago. I love this annual phone call, but will probably be annoyed at being woken up that early.
- Art museum on Saturday, day - this was Second Chance's idea. He called and wanted to do something cool for my birthday. Nice gesture. I'm not sure how my maturity level is going to handle contemporary art (I hate it) or any sort of nudity passed off as art (must restrain self from making crass comments), but I am going to suck it up and try to be a big girl about it.
- Dinner with girlfriends on Saturday, evening - Very excited. Love the restaurant we're going to, always lots of good eye candy. Awesome food. Love girlfriends.
- Bar crawl on Saturday, night - Good stuff. Will meet up with other friends and cause a ruckus.
- Will inevitably drunk dial someone I'm not supposed to...will hopefully have phone confiscated from friend who has had less to drink than I have before call is completed.
- Will inevitably pass out in pantyhose.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home